General SummaryThe Atlassian Administrator is responsible for the administration, configuration, and user support of products in the Atlassian stack as well as other applications used to support the IT department. The administrator will work directly with end users and the infrastructure team to address issues and fully utilize the suite of tools and applications.
Essential Job Functions
- Administer JIRA, Confluence, Fisheye, Crucible, and Bitbucket instances on a day-to-day basis.
- Provide install, configuration, troubleshooting, and administrative support of the Atlassian products and plugins.
- Monitor ticketing system and address issues in a timely manner, which may require extensive research and meetings with users to determine solutions.
- Set up and support new projects, roles, workflows, security, and plug-ins within the administered applications.
- Determine ways to optimize process workflows and identify where functionality can be improved to meet the needs of application users.
- Works with Infrastructure Team to help support internal software for administered systems.
- Research and document upgrade life cycle for supported platforms and work with infrastructure to perform upgrades, serving as the technical resource for administered systems.
- Document and communicate release notes and upcoming changes when upgrades are performed, as well as provide necessary training to users on new features.
- Open support tickets with 3rd party vendors to resolve issues as needed.
- Create and maintain detailed user-facing documentation available to all users.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for new and existing plug-ins to the Atlassian stack.
- Work with users on how they can optimally use supported platforms to meet their needs.
- Research how supported platforms are being used in the wider community and recommend changes to existing set up and configurations where applicable.
- Identify tasks that are routine and propose ways to automate or streamline them.
- Support and manage integrations to external systems, ensuring they are optimized.
- Perform periodic reviews of the system environments for configurations, permissions, workflows, integrations, and logs.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to write technical documentation.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Ability to learn and work independently.
- Experience administrating development platforms such as the Atlassian tool suite.
- A Bachelors of Science in a technology related field.