You probably haven’t run into a company like Olark before.
We are a fully remote, global team working together to fundamentally change the way people communicate with businesses. Our passion and dedication for our customers is a direct result of our people centric org model
. We’ve been around for 10 years, are bootstrapped, and have an award-winning customer support team.
We’re currently seeking a Contract Mobile Designer. This role is 100% remote, and will begin the week of May 11. We anticipate a 2-3 month contract engagement. You can be based anywhere in the United States or Canada.
As the first Mobile Designer at Olark, you strive to improve and unify the look and behavior of our interface across platforms, and come up with creative features that give even greater benefit to our users. Our performance is guided by key metrics, and projects are designed through deep understanding of customer groups.
As our new mobile designer, you will work closely with the Core Product Team. Your primary goals will be to design Olark’s first mobile app, ensuring an exceptional cross platform live chat experience for Olark’s 40,000 customers in 170 countries. You will develop mobile interfaces across multiple platforms including iOS and Android.
We expect you to have an evolved understanding of how people use their devices, the flexibility to adapt to new technologies, and a robust toolkit.
All Olark Designers:
Incorporate user feedback and data into design: You collect key data from internal and external sources to back up your design decisions as well as suggest new research to validate assumptions. Designers at Olark are highly collaborative with departments across our company.
Put the customer first: You strive to understand and empathize with our users, and put them at the heart of your design process and new product ideation.
Clearly communicate ideas, vision and concepts: You communicate early ideas and approaches, using flows and sketches to facilitate discussions and act on early feedback. Desire to look deeper into the why within a problem. Create design specifications and documentation to ensure a smooth handoff and implementation to the engineering team, and help teammates across the company understand the rationale behind your ideas.
Your primary responsibilities:
- You’ll be reporting to the VP Product and will be responsible for highly usable and intuitive interface creation. You will work with the Core Product Team, which includes two developers and a PM. Any concept you create will be brand-consistent across all mobile experiences that our company provides to our end users.
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs for mobile based on key user stories.
- Ensure exceptional cross-platform experience with Olark’s existing web chat console.
- Collaborate with the Core Product Team throughout the design process.
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance.
- Research and track advancements in mobile application design patterns.
- Break any design problem down into viable actionable chunks and solve them with clarity and precision.
- Strong graphic design skills, with a good understanding of typography, intuitive layouts and palette development.
- Excellent understanding of user-experience design for mobile and the web, technology trends, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work.
- Proven ability to translate key user stories into compelling interactions.
- Exceptional skill in cross platform strategy - we will need you to translate our existing web experiences into mobile.
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment. and can communicate effectively in a remote work environment.
- Expert level skill in Figma.
- Deep understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines, Android design and other mobile platform designs, including Google’s material design.
Olark is committed to diversity in its workforce. Olark is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.
To apply: https://olark.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0q1y2