Headquarters: Chicago, IL
Otus is creating a culture of success while maximizing learning in the K-12 space. We do this by implementing amazing ideas from awesome people and we need more awesomeness on our team. Are you passionate, collaborative, love to geek out on technology, and want to work for a mission-driven company that is shaping the way teachers, students and parents of students learn together? If so, we want to hear from you.
Our diverse team consists of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders who share a variety of interests. You'll find musicians, world travelers, beer enthusiasts, nerds, sports fans, and all-around great people who shape our positive culture.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Infrastructure Engineer to help bring the best possible software solutions to educators.
As an early member of a growing team, you must possess a strong work ethic and be upbeat, driven, intelligent, well-organized, articulate, share a passion for learning new technologies, and thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
You will have the opportunity to immediately contribute and see the results of your work in use by students, teachers, parents and district administrators across the country.
- Otus is building a next generation Platform for EdTech in order to support our transformative vision for K-12 education across the US and the globe.
- This role will be focused on the following areas:
- A core HA platform built on public cloud infrastructure for a microservice architecture (Kubernetes and EKS)
- A brand new data and event platform based on high throughput streaming tech (Kafka)
- Contemporary operations tooling, metrics and monitoring (Prometheus, OpenTracing, modern APM)
- CI/CD pipelines with Blue/Green and Canary deploys (Codefresh)
- AWS Infra as code (Terraform)
- You should be able to apply skills and knowledge to operational concerns. Be a developer, not a systems administrator
- K8s - You have managed production workloads on Kubernetes (EKS preferred)
- TF - You have built and managed Terraform-based AWS infrastructure
- Traffic - Your infrastructure regularly sees over 2500 RPS
- Skill - You have worked on as a solo act on very small teams that move fast
- Impact - You achieve maximum results with minimal direction
- Ownership and accountability - You own the things that you build
- Drive - When you see a need, you fill a need. You can step in where you see a need and push us all forward
Nice to Haves
- Kafka experience (via a managed service)
- Codefresh experience
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and professional development spending
- 20 PTO days a year, plus a day off for your birthday (or a loved one’s), an interest day (to do something you love), and paid holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave and great work/life balance
- Flexible hours and work from home policy so you can be at your most productive
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance and disability benefits
- 401K with an employer match (up to 4%)
Otus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.
To apply: https://otus.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk03ymr?source=WeWorkRemotely