DescriptionAs a well-rounded user experience designer, your contributions will be the most highly visible in the organization, and our customer base. You should have a healthy appreciation of facing a variety of diverse challenges outside of your comfort level and working under pressure. A typical day in the life of a UI/UX lead just might include:
- Mocking up UI and workflow for several new features being added to the platform.
- Designing visuals, interactions, and individual assets for a new feature, such as latency visualizations across the entire network.
- Interacting with customers to get feedback and better understand their needs to generate ideas for improved UI/UX based on such feedback, such as creating better data views for port capacity utilization.
- Working closely with the product and software engineering teams to clearly communicate design ideas and get them implemented in the product.
- Inspiring others in the company, from the executive team to customer support to think design first.
- Researching additional ideas that you may have to improve the product/platform overall and sharing them with the team.
Skills & RequirementsThe candidates who will excel in this role naturally understand that the user experience can make or break even the best ideas. You are motivated to invent, create, and understand your target customer on a deep level. More specifics include:
- Experience designing and delivery products start to finish, and working closely with engineering and product teams
- Be highly proficient prototyping experiences by creating wireframes and mockups in the tool of our choice
- Extensive experience creating original digital assets to support your design ideas in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other graphic design tool sets
- Experience using Git
- Strong desire to quickly iterate on product, and use data to drive decisions
- A desire to break the mold and shrug the tried and true when it comes to displaying enormous and complicated data sets.
- A never ending drive to create easy and intuitive workflows for complicated tasks
It’s also a plus if you:
- Have some experience with AngularJS and D3.js.
- Have a basic knowledge of various network concepts (routers, ports, IPs, VLANs, etc.)