Quickly maturing startup seeking like-minded Software Engineer in Test! PacketFabric redefines how companies procure, consume, and manage their network connectivity. The technical team is a small, talented, and close-knit group and we need some accounting help to make business operations flow smoothly.
DescriptionYou love testing and making sure everything works! You create meticulous integration tests and have an eye for finding those edge cases that software engineers miss. A typical day might include these types of activities:
- Work closely within the SRE and development teams - Network, Backend, Frontend - to create test cases.
- Create and maintain test cases and scenarios for our API.
- Create scale testing for various systems.
- Create external documentation to be consumed by technical users.
- Troubleshooting complex issues to provide detailed and repeatable steps to replicate.
- Create and maintain UI based test cases and scenarios.
- Assist on various SRE projects.
- Asking good questions.
RequirementsThe right candidates will have an abundance of hard-core programming skills and have solid instincts for testing frameworks and methodologies. You don’t need to be reminded to test for security issues or look at the web console for errors because it’s just part of your nature. More specifics include:
- You are highly proficient in Python testing frameworks and have knowledge of how to perform integration tests between all aspects of a system.
- Very familiar with JIRA, build pipelines, and Jenkins.
- You have written large scale test and integration suites.
- Comfortable on any *nix command line.
- Detailed documentation skills - especially when reproducing bugs or describing new features.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Be very comfortable with Git version control and project tracking tools like JIRA in a team environment.
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication collaboration tools like Slack, Zoom etc.
- Previous exposure to networking protocols and concepts such as IPv4/6, VLANs, VPNs, BGP, etc.