Pelican Procurement is hiring a new Senior Developer and Scrum Master - optionally working remotely - to help guide the team that's developing the software underpinning our online procurement SaaS solution.
This role is a mix of full stack coding, being technical lead on the development effort and running our Scrums. You'll be joining us during a sustained period of positive change and ongoing investment in technology, with lots of fresh code to write as we expand into Europe.
Collaborating with our new Head of Development, our Technical Architect and our Product Owner, you will become a technical mentor to the development team and help foster a culture where ideas and suggestions are freely shared and explored pragmatically. Your approach will advance the development of Pelican's software products, as well as leading the team and championing good use of Agile and Scrum.
We’re looking to strengthen and expand our current use of Scrum/Agile and this role is key to driving the efficient use of scrum throughout the team. You’ll be mentoring the team in all things Agile and helping them learn and develop their Agile credentials.
You may work remotely as your primary arrangement; our development team is currently 100% remote, and you may optionally work in the office if you prefer.
Upcoming projects within the team
- Embracing modern ways of working - e.g. Agile, Scrum, a DevOps approach
- Becoming the go-to person around software design, technology choice and coding best practice, imparting your knowledge and fostering a productive and happy team approach
- Writing optimal code that takes our Pi procurement software to the next level
- Increasing the unit test coverage for the existing code and adopting a test driven development approach
- Re-factoring and re-writing a mature codebase, bringing significant modernisation
- Assessing and introducing new technologies and methodologies
- Supporting our move towards Angular8
- Building a progressive, integrated, mobile application
We're looking for
- Someone bringing experience of working in an Agile environment and of leading/deputising Scrums
- Strong technical knowledge of modern web application development, in a Microsoft environment
- Strong technical knowledge of AngularJS/Angular and TypeScript, HTML5 and CSS3
- Good knowledge of ASP.Net Web API, Entity Framework and SQL Server
- Experience with source code control and writing unit tests
- Ability to see the big picture, to help guide and inspire others, and to ship highly effective software
Our current technology mix - we'll help you get up to speed
ASP.NET | Entity Framework | AngularJS, Angular8 | TypeScript | Sass | Grunt | SQL Server | Azure | Visual Studio | JIRA | TFS | and more…
Salary and benefits
- c.£60,000 + discretionary annual bonus
- Support towards Scrum Master certification, and ongoing learning
- Contributory company pension | life assurance | annual leave; 25 days, rising incrementally year on year to 30 days in year five | health cash plan, including 24-hour counselling and advice | access to continued professional and leadership development |discretionary incentive bonus scheme | wellbeing programme | free car parking (office employees) | unpaid leave (by discretion) | flexi time and flexible approach to working