Location: Paris / Remote (France, Germany, UK, Spain, Netherlands)
We are in the process of rolling out new user interfaces across our solutions. To support this, we have built a design system and library of components.
In this role, you will work closely with product owners, designers and other front-end developers to build new components and evolve existing ones. You will also support our product teams in implementing the framework into our solutions.
This position is exciting, challenging, and includes the opportunity to have an enormous impact on our solutions.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Develop new UI components with a focus on HTML and CSS in response to feedback/briefs from UX/UI designers and product owners.
- Evolve, extend and refactor existing components in line with design, development and accessibility best practices
- Improve the documentation and organisation of the pattern library
- Review the code of your colleagues
- Support developers who are integrating the design system by:
- Being available to answer questions, do pair programming etc.
- Building HTML pages with the framework to act as specification for developers
- Integrating new designs directly
- Auditing built pages against our accessibility guidelines
- Mastery of HTML and CSS, including:
- Deep understanding of HTML semantics
- Knowledge of CSS methodologies (BEM, SMACSS etc.) and why they are important
- Proficiency in CSS preprocessors (we use SASS)
- Experience working with new CSS techniques (flexbox, grid, etc.)
- Experience working with complex modular UI architecture, reusable components or pattern libraries
- Understanding of accessibility best practices, standards (WCAG), and how to apply them
- Experience participating in and contributing to code review
- Be able to both take initiative and collaborate within a remote international team where English is the used language.
It would be a bonus if you also have:
- An eye for design
- Experience integrating HTML and CSS into web development frameworks. We use Django and Ember, so any experience with either framework is a big plus.
Formal educational qualifications in computer science are viewed favourably, but not essential. More important is your proven capacity to solve problems and deliver excellent design outcomes.
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Recruiter will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them.
- If selected to move forward, you will complete a HackerRank Coding Assessment.
- If you pass, you will either move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening, OR directly to an onsite interview.
- Offer stage.