Headquarters: Durham, North Carolina
VOTED TOP 10 BEST REMOTE COMPANY TO WORK FORWhat's the Job?
Percona Support is a global, elite team of super hero engineers who love getting to the bottom of weird and interesting database behavior. We understand our customers’ business needs and the nuances of their technical environments. This allows us to help our customers see the big picture and identify opportunities to improve their overall database infrastructures.
This is not a boring, entry-level role where you’ll just be triaging the boring and monotonous.
You’ll be teaming with some of the most well known database ninjas in the industry who are even better teammates, friends and mentors. You’ll have the opportunity to develop your own skills and become more powerful than you can possibly imagine…. with databases.Location: Remote, work from home position anywhere within Americas or Asia Pacific region. 5 day work week (supporting US time zones) including weekend. Participation with the on-call team schedule.
What does it take to be a Percona Superhero?
- Exceptional knowledge of both MySQL and InnoDB
- Be a wizard with databases and associated technical configurations
- Knowledgeable about performance tuning, query optimization, & index tuning
- Experience with backup solutions such as XtraBackup, & MyDumper
- Experience with HA solutions such as MHA
- Detailed understanding of monitoring requirements
- Demonstrable experience of administering Linux based systems
- Ability to troubleshoot methodically, identifying and applying fixes for known errors, and when necessary, capacity to think outside of the box to resolve complex issues
- Enthused to expand your skillset with new technologies as the industry continues to evolve
- Availability to travel for the occasional team meeting, conference and customer visit
- Excellent written and spoken English and ability to work effectively with English-speaking customers
It's a bonus if you have experience with these:
- Galera / XtraDB Cluster, & HAProxy
- Cloud Services such as AWS and RDS or hosting providers like Rackspace
- Nagios, Percona Monitoring Plugins (PMM) and other monitoring tools
- Configuration management solutions such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Percona Toolkit suite
- MySQL DBA Professional Certifications
- Kubernetes / OpenShift / Docker
To apply: https://jobs.lever.co/percona/7fcc072e-6aef-4eca-bbe4-e78f625ad625?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=weworkremotely.com