Headquarters: New York, New York
Join a team of talented, motivated, and collaborative engineers to wrangle complex, ever-changing business requirements under control. Our app must function reliably and delightfully at all times in order for Petal to deliver on its promise of simple, accessible credit. Our feature set aims to outshine other financial apps through a central view into your financial life and the credit industry's most transparent, customer-centric payment experience. To get this job done, we value open communication, diversity of thought, and a keen eye for detail.
This is a frontend-focused full-stack role: about 80% of the time will be spent in our frontend—a tri-platform React Native Typescript app—and the rest on our Flask/Python backend.Key responsibilities
- Write high-quality, well-tested, functional, observable code that run smoothly in production.
- Extend our React Native app and Python services.
- Elevate the standards and hygiene across the team.
- Lead complex projects, influence product design and make business vs technology trade-offs during all phases of the project lifecycle, consistently delivering on time.
- Work with various Petal stakeholder teams (e.g., product, analytics, operations, risk, compliance) and third-party technology vendors (e.g. credit bureaus, credit processors, bank data aggregators)
- Teach across the broader engineering organization to improve best practices and influence system design
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/petal-senior-full-stack-software-engineer