Do you enjoy working with some of the latest technologies and using your expert Linux Administrator skills to automate routine system tasks? Do you like solving complex problems and finding solutions that scale appropriately in large, high-traffic environments? Are you comfortable working with a broad spectrum of software & services? If so, then we would like to hear from you!
We are a small remote team of 3, looking for another curious, independent, and savvy DevOps engineer to build upon our continuous delivery pipelines using Kubernetes & Jenkins. We work with hybrid cloud environments and integrate many AWS services like EC2 & Lambda. Not a morning person? This full-time position has afternoon/evening hours: (ideally, 12pm-8pm Pacific give or take an hour).
- Deploy, manage, & maintain applications and systems
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Implement, maintain, and improve CI/CD pipelines
- Actively troubleshoot any issues and document solutions
- Ensure system availability, respond to incidents, and handle escalations from other teams
- 2+ years experience in a DevOps role (or similar)
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, & RDS at a minimum)
- Proficient with Linux systems administration (RHEL/CentOS & Ubuntu specifically)
- Experience with CI/CD platforms (Jenkins)
- Comfortable using version control (Git)
- Proficiency with Docker container concepts
- Prior experience maintaining high-availability systems
Nice to Have
- Kubernetes exposure
- Previous experience with Ruby on Rails environments
- Prior experience with monitoring systems such as Grafana, Zabbix, or Nagios
- Configuration management tools such as Terraform and/or SaltStack
- Health/dental vision insurance
- Great work/life balance
- 13" MacBooks and computer monitor provided
- Adjustable work desks
- Snacks and Friday Happy Hours!
- Great location Our San Francisco office is steps from the Powell BART/Muni station!