We know what you are thinking: “This sounds too good to be true.” Hate to break it to you, but it’s not. Pluralsight is looking for Python experts who can create projects. Pluralsight projects
are text-based tasks that invite learners to download starter code. Learners can complete the tasks one at a time and, at any point, upload their code to Pluralsight for automatic feedback per task based on the results of unit tests.
Here’s some more good news: Our experts are able to work where and when it’s convenient for them. Midnight in your PJs? Check. Ten in the morning from your favorite coffee shop? You bet. This is a chance to use your knowledge to make some great money through an excellent side gig. You can also build your portfolio and expert status in the Python community.
Reasons to Apply
Rather than just give you a cursory list of all the great reasons to partner with Pluralsight, we thought we’d share a few that might be important to you:
Networking is everything and you will join one powerful network! Become part of an elite community that comprises the top one percent of expert technologists in software development, IT operations, security and other technical fields.
You’ll be a part of something bigger than yourself. Join a revolution that shapes the future of technology. Help us create the creators who will deliver technology that lifts the human condition. Your contributions will help save lives, transform living conditions and deliver new opportunities.
Did we mention that you get to work at your convenience? We know we’ve said it before, but we think it’s a pretty nifty way to earn some dough.
About the JobInterested? We’re looking for technologists with these qualifications:
- A strong background in Python (you probably saw that one coming).
- Write comprehensive Unit Tests — Projects don’t function without these, and part of the magic of projects is the ability for a learner to test themselves against your requirements and get validation for the skills they’ve been building.
- Organize tasks logically — Users engaging in your content will be following along on a step-by-step basis, hoping to validate the skills learned through Pluralsight and many other sources. Your ability to organize the steps needed to complete these projects will be key in helping them find success with as little frustration as possible.
- Predict user mistakes — Many of us process data differently, and as a developer you know that coding is no exception. As users work through projects, the error messages provided in your unit tests need to predict as many outcomes as they may create, while getting EVERY example may be hard, you’ll need to be able to predict what a beginner would do given the project.
- An internet connection. Our company is global and so is this job.
Pluralsight proudly creates the creators of tomorrow: the people who develop the technology that lifts the human condition. We do this through the tech industry's leading learning platform for serious developer, IT and creative professionals. Our team of 700-plus innovators and disruptors are serving over one million users in more than 150 countries to conquer the tech skills gap.
We're committed to a values-driven culture and our mission inspires everything we do:
Creating Progress Through Technology That Lifts The Human Condition
This is our North Star—it's the why and how behind all of our decisions. Since our start in 2004, we’ve chosen to grow in a way that will make our mission a reality. We’ve raised over $190 million in funding and acquired five awesome startups (PeepCode, TrainSignal, Tekpub, Digital Tutors and Code School) that have immensely grown our platform. We've continued to grow rapidly and we're looking for people who are passionate about making a serious impact on technology—and the world. We invite you to help us create the future while doing the best work of your life.
Need more inspiration? Take a look at what others are saying on Glassdoor and on social media at #WeArePluralsight. Check out our awards or find someone you know on LinkedIn who works for us to learn what drives their desire to make the world a better place.
To apply: https://www.pluralsight.com/teach/recruit/2020/python?caid=7010c0000022WOqAAM&oid=&promo=&utm_campaign=&utm_content=&utm_medium=&utm_source=&utm_term=