We are a technology company that builds connectivity solutions for machines. We provide the infrastructure to connect mobile machines with the cloud (IoT), with each other locally (M2M), and with humans (HMI). Businesses of every size – from new startups to international OEMs – use our CAN technology to digitalize their machines
Proemion is at the forefront of the IoT/Telematics revolution and is looking for a DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) at the earliest possible date. The position can be at our headquarters in Fulda, Germany or full-time remote. You will be required to travel to headquarters on a regular basis.The DevOps and Data Center group you will join is distributed throughout Europe, although a few members live close to headquarters. As a member of the DevOps and Data Center team you will interact with other teams that are also remote.
What we expect
- You can see the big picture and you are proud to call yourself a generalist: the scope of the DevOps and Data Center group runs vast and deep
- Responsibility, curiosity, and good communication skills
- Will to assess, trial and adopt emerging SRE/DevOps/DevSecOps best practices
- Desire to deliver reliable, sensible, and actionable internal tooling
- We rely on Proxmox, Ceph, and Postgres to offer compute services to the rest of the company: expertise or desire to master any of them will be an important plus. We will learn the rest together.
- Familiarity with at least one of Java, Python, Nodejs, Go
What you can expect
- No micromanagement
- Short lines of communication and accessible team leaders
- A weekly 1-on-1 focused on you
- A weekly newsletter to help you keep track of what is going on
- A company that in some departments scores a “high-performer” as per the metrics from the Accelerate book, pg. 19
- Well-established process for submitting ideas via RFCs and a lightweight approval proces