TouchPoint is a software company built by the church for the church. We exist to help church leaders focus more on their ministry and less on their software. TouchPoint empowers the church to engage relationally, create community and focus on discipleship. We're looking for bright, passionate, and talented people to help us.
We are looking for a qualified Android Developer to work with all aspects of the Android version of our ChMS integrated, customizable church app. Your job will entail coding new features, specing APIs to talk to the underlying database and web application, contributing to the app management portal, fixing bugs and managing our relationship with Google through Google Play for releasing custom and standard apps for our customers. We are a small shop and you will be working with experienced developers, our highly rated client success team, outside contributors to the open source project, and churches that sponsor custom work.
You have a desire to create great software. You enjoy working with a mission-focused, collaborative team, to achieve a common goal. You communicate well and have a growth mentality that guides how you code and work - continually refining and improving. You enjoy the thrill of taking a need, defining it in terms of practical, customer-facing tools that compliment our product, and then designing, coding, and seeing the solution released into production. You are a problem solver who can root out the cause of an issue and patch it in a maintainable fashion. You manage your time well, accurately estimate timelines for projects and deliver on your commitments.
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Strong proficiency in Android, Android Studio, Java and Kotlin
- Working knowledge of Google Play Store with demonstrated portfolio of apps created or contributed to
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or a related field, preferred
- Demonstrated experience in UI/UX preferred
- Bonus: experience in iOS development using XCode, AppCode, Objective C and Swift
- Bonus: experience with graphic design (i.e. Adobe CC, Corel, Affinity) and image manipulation in both vector and raster
- Bonus: Experience with C#, SQL Server
Competencies / Work Style:
- Effectively manages deadlines and deliverables
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Accurately estimates timelines for projects
- Firm grasp of personal strengths and weaknesses
- Willing to learn new tools and coding languages
- Team player, who listens well, learns from others and helps fellow team members perform to their best
Receives and offers constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Mobile Development - Add new functionality to the Android version of the mobile application, from simple, one-day projects to much larger, multi-week projects.
- Contribute to the Management Portal - work with mobile team to spec and build new management tools in portal that support and compliment new functionality.
- Bug Fixes - Support and collaborate with our client success team to track down reported bugs and repair in a timely manner.
- Testing / QA - Work with our client success team to help devise a plan for testing and validating new features in a sandbox environment.
- Manage Android release cycle - Manage updates, Google review process and release schedule for Android version of the app.
Spec APIs - Work with our web development team to clearly spec necessary APIs.
Dallas, TX preferred