Radish Lab is looking for a talented full-stack developer to join our growing team part-time. Your work will be centered around our large-scale new and ongoing development projects. You should have experience with custom solutions using WordPress, and understanding and writing frontend application code. If you’re an all-around generalist when it comes to writing code, and you’re comfortable on any end of a tech stack, then you’re a perfect fit.
- Remote - Preference is given to candidates within 3 hours time zone of New York City (EST / GMT-4).
- A self-starter who seeks out opportunities to learn new methods and technologies
- Committed problem-solver
- Ability to meet concurrent deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English
- Good sense of humor
- A team player
- Capable of juggling multiple projects at once
- Interested in social change, and engaged with causes
- 5 years of backend development with PHP (especially). This should include WordPress development.
- Ability to build and test web applications end-to-end, and have a thorough understanding of HTTP requests, RESTful APIs, authorization systems and comfort with using third-party solutions to solve problems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and great patience in dealing with technical problems.
- Experience and familiarity with the MVC architectural pattern (Laravel, CakePHP, CodeIgniter, etc.)
- Experience with development environment tools such as Lando, Docker, Vagrant.
- Experience with the Wordpress Sage theme framework (https://roots.io/sage/)
- Comfort with the terminal, running command-line based utilities
- Have a background in working with fast-paced environments like a creative agency.
- Write backend application code for WordPress-based and other types of websites.
- Assist with and direct frontend development as necessary, particularly in regards to the intersection between front and back end application design.
- Managing Node dependencies and other libraries related to projects, as well as the configuration of those libraries.
- Assist with light DevOps operations, such as code deployments and build script configurations.
- Work with project managers to answer technical questions from clients about project budgets.
- Complete ongoing maintenance tasks within regular sprint cycles, and direct the testing and documentation around those tasks.
- Offer feedback to designers and product stakeholders during the early strategic phases of projects.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure, for example with AWS, GCS or Azure.
- Expertise in writing frontend build scripts, for example using Webpack.
- Experience or understanding of Ruby on Rails.
- Knowledge of shell scripting (e.g. Bash).
- Salary between 300 - 400 USD per week (for 20 hours a week) depending on the candidate.
About Radish Lab
Radish Lab is a full-service interactive creative agency that focuses on people and projects that create impact in our world. We’re headquartered in Brooklyn, New York with an office in Berlin, Germany. We build innovative websites, applications, data visualizations, and interactive experiences for non-profits, cultural institutions, universities, advocacy organizations, health, and science-based organizations, as well as social businesses. We’re looking to have an impact on the world using design and technology.
How to apply
Interested candidates should include an awesome (seriously) cover letter, resume, Linkedin and Github accounts in their application.
Important: All applicants who ignore the instructions above will not be considered.
If you move to the next round you will be asked to take a brief (30 min) coding test.
No recruiters or calls, please.
Radish Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran.