Due to continuous growth, we are currently seeking a few Cloud-Native Java Developers that are fluent in both Java 8 and Spring Boot. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables, you will be expected to work as an advisor to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills and a passion for solving complex challenges.
- At Railroad19, Inc., we build custom solutions and provide our clients with top tier development services. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects, which means, we only bring an “A” team to the table. Our culture is built on hard work and a desire to be thought leaders in the industry, this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
- When you join Railroad19 you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed, while offering you a work/life balance. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
This is a full-time position with comprehensive benefits, vacation, 401k and more. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
- The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stake-holders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software
- Build web applications using Spring Boot
- Build Microservices that connect to Oracle and NoSQL databases
- Build software components that integrate with a workflow engine and/or ESB to execute asynchronous business processes
- Manage the complete software development life cycle
- Writing functional and unit tests in order to maintain code quality
- Work with Jenkins to perform Continuous Integration
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a high-performance application that contains little or no defects
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced Java development experience
- Hands-on experience with Java 8 (especially streaming collections and functional interfaces)
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL technologies is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Netflix OSS is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Oracle, MySQL, ETL
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or another technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
Working at Railroad19, Inc.
- Competitive salaries and eligibility for a yearly bonus
- Excellent Health Care, Dental and Vision benefits
- 3 weeks vacation, 401K match eligibility, work-life balance
- No Agencies***
- This is a non-management position
- This is a full-time position