Raisely powers online fundraising for ambitious organisations, to improve the well-being of people and planet. While technology gets us part of the way, we know that we have our greatest impact when we’re helping our customers do incredible things with our product.
We’re looking for a Web Designer/Developer to join our growing Customer Success team. We want to find someone who is passionate about solving problems with great design, is a brilliant communicator, and wants to build a world that puts people and planet first. If that’s you, we want to meet.
We want you to help our customers design great fundraising websites. You’ll wear a few hats, from doing a design review of a site a customer has built, to customising our pre-built templates to suit a charity’s brand. You’ll help charities tell the story of their campaign on their website, and you’ll help us tell the story of Raisely on ours!
We think this role is perfect for a junior to mid-level web designer who also knows a bit of front-end code. We value skills over experience, and an eagerness to grow.
This is a full-time, permanent role. Raisely is a remote company so you can be anywhere in the world (though see our note below on hours).
Role: Permanent, full-time (38hrs/week)Location: Remote (we’ll help you set up your home office!)Timezone: Somewhere in a timezone from Perth/Singapore to L.A. You should have about 4 hours overlap with Australian eastern time.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Use Raisely’s visual page builder to design and build customised fundraising website templates based on a charity’s campaign collateral and brand guidelines
- Code up customisations in HTML and CSS/SCSS to bring your designs to life. You can stretch further with a bit of React, if you like!
- Conduct design reviews of customer sites, helping them build something incredible for both desktop and mobile
- Design and build page layouts or other unique interfaces for large or complex campaigns
- Help our customer success team with design or HTML/CSS-related queries from our customers
- Help our onboarding team with design requirements and page layouts when training new customers how to use Raisely
- Improve and update the Raisely website, and our other owned websites
- Support our growth team with design collateral like new website pages, social media assets, document and presentation templates.
Improve anything. Your job description doesn’t end with these bullet points.
You’re creative. You know how to communicate through your designs. You have experience designing websites, understand user experience, and can clearly and logically lay out information. You understand how to use colour and space, you know how to design responsively, and you understand what web accessibility is.
- You’re technical. You’re proficient enough with HTML and CSS to bring your designs to life. Online products make sense to you, you have experience with website builders. Experience with React.js would be a bonus.
You know your tools. You’re comfortable in tools like Creative Suite, Sketch or Figma. You can treat images, create web layouts, and implement those independently in a variety of programs.
You’re a great written communicator. You easily dismantle complex concepts and you can get to the core of a problem. You’re fluent in written and spoken English.
You’re independent. You know when you need to ask for help, and you’re confident in managing your own time. You’re happy to work independently, but will call on your team when you need.
- You’re not comfortable with the status quo. You’re not in this for a quick dollar; you think the world needs to be better and that technology will get us there.
We need you to:
- Be a fluent English speaker with clear written and verbal communication
- Have experience designing websites within professional constraints
- Have experience working with website builders and implementing your designs in them
- Have working understanding of HTML and CSS
- Be able to legally work where you live (we can’t sponsor a visa)
Perks and benefits:
We hope you’re excited by our unique product offering, our team and what we’re trying to achieve. But, to sweeten the deal, we offer these great benefits:
💵 Salary – We try to pay above-average salaries, adjusted for where you live and your experience. This role pays AU$65,000-75,000 a year based on experience.
🏥Healthcare – We will contribute up to US$3000 towards health insurance if you live somewhere without a public health system.
📈 Ownership – We are focussed on building Raisely as a team, so we’ll offer you the chance to be a part-owner of the company with our Employee Share Scheme
💻 Technology – We’ll get you a laptop and screen when you start, plus help you set up your home office.
✈️ Retreats – Every 6-ish months we fly you somewhere pretty for our team retreats. (Once we’re able to safely again)
🗺 Annual Leave – Everyone gets 4 weeks paid leave plus 11 days of public holidays, to be taken when you like. Plus, you are entitled to generous paid sick leave.
🌴 Work remotely – We’re a remote-first company - live and work wherever you’re happiest. We’ll cover a co-working space if you’d like to work there.
⏰ Flexibility – Adjust your hours as you need, within the window set above.
🤷 Training – We’ll support you with time when you want to learn new skills or pay for conference or course tickets.
We’re actively working to improve the worldWe’re an impact-driven company, we’re here to improve the wellbeing of people and planet. Helping charities raise money online is our greatest lever for change. We hold strong opinions, and respectfully refuse to work with people we disagree with. We’re a registered B-Corp, and are working to become carbon neutral.
We’re remote, and growingWhile our roots are Australian, our team hails from all over the world. You’ll be joining colleagues in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Mexico. If you haven’t worked remotely before, you’ll love the flexibility and won’t want to go back.
We’re ambitious, innovative, and growing fastYou’re joining us just at the start of our journey. We’ve been growing rapidly, but we’re just getting started. We want to help charities all over the world raise more online, through powerful technology paired with world-class customer support. We’re not settling for average.
How to apply:
You’ve got this far! We really want to hear from you. We do applications a little differently here, so we don’t want your resume and cover letter.
Here’s how to apply:
- Sign up for a Raisely account at https://admin.raisely.com/apply and make sure you give your campaign a URL that follows this format: firstname-lastname-application.raisely.com
- Design a website to introduce yourself; tell us a bit about what drives you, why you want to work at Raisely, and show off some of your best work.You can customise your campaign as much as you like, feel free to be creative. If you’d like you can learn how to use our page builder here and here. You can write your own CSS via the 🖌 icon in the toolbar.
- Fill out the application form
Applications are open until 9am AEST, Monday October 19.
We know with diversity comes strength. We want Raisely to be a team of many races, nationalities, sexualities, gender identities, religious beliefs, abilities, and ideas. We particularly encourage indigenous people, first nations, people in minority groups, people with disability, or people without the economic advantage of higher education, to apply for our roles.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/raisely-web-designer-developer