Headquarters: Santa Monica, CA
With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 200 remote-first employees around the globe processing hundreds of millions of dollars in sales every month.
To execute our growth strategy we are looking for a Director of Strategic Alliances to help us support the ReCharge Sales and Partnerships Team. You’ll be responsible for owning the management and delivery of assigned partner events projects, acting as liaison among merchants, sales, marketing, account management, product development and external vendors.
What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Develop a go-to-market strategy for our existing strategic, standard and new partners as well as for adjacent channel segments
- Execute against your go-to-market strategy with a goal to increase our net new customer acquisition from strategic alliances by 10x (from an already sizable base).
- Manage a team of three partner managers, ensure they hit quota and expand the team once a proven go-to-market strategy has been established.
- Be able to provide metrics and KPIs to management as well as your team.
- Perform business, product and technical demonstrations to agencies and prospective clients as needed.
- Ensure we’re valued as a “top tier” partner to our agencies, that ReCharge is seen as providing a genuine value-add and is part of their recommended tech stack.
- Prioritize and have confidence in the Partners we’re staking as “Strategic” by continually re-qualifying their position and being comfortable making tough decisions where appropriate.
- Expand Recharge's presence by traveling to partner events, partner offices, and industry trade shows/conferences as needed. You will spend about 1 week a month traveling to meet agency partners in cities like New York, San Diego, Toronto and Atlanta (or wherever the partners are).
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience with strategic alliances, partnerships or channel sales in a leadership capacity
- Experience managing or leading a partnership or alliances team
- You have seen the journey from a small (under 5) to a medium (10 - 20) sized strategic alliances team
- Experience with developing go-to-market strategies for various channel segments
- Direct experience with expanding into new channel segments and regions
- Ability to create effective collateral to activate new partners
- Deep understanding on how to effectively educate partners
- Excellent and professional communication skills and ability to be diplomatic in difficult or stressful situations
- Good negotiation skills to be comfortable telling partners "no" when necessary but also advocate internally for the partner
- Strong critical thinking skills and a creative approach to penetrating new accounts and to address issues with out-of-the-box solutions
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Willingness to travel to partner offices and event locations, ability to travel 25% - 35% domestically
- Proficient in reading our documentation, specifically the ReCharge API docs
- Knowledge in Salesforce/Hubspot CRM, email/phone outreach, SQL a plus
To apply: https://grnh.se/efbf48132us