Headquarters: London, UK
Our core values
We’re big on our company culture, and keen on hiring like-minded people. So it’s important you share our values:
- We put the needs of our players and community first
- We act with humility and treat others with respect
- We voice our opinions, but we’re open to new ideas
- We believe in taking ownership of ourselves and our work
- We recognise time is precious and not to be wasted
- We strive for excellence, but we’re not perfectionists
- We value a positive and flexible work life
We are a growing team of highly technical and experienced developers. Right now we are backend heavy with some full stack developers which means you’ll have a huge impact on the frontend decisions and the work being done. We all work remotely, 100% of the time. We’re currently spread out across Europe and the Americas.
As the lead frontend developer you will be responsible for modernizing our frontend stack, migrating parts of our systems to the new stack and help maintain and scale one of the most popular free to play poker sites in the world.
We have a huge array of interesting problems to solve such as planning for and implementing a new frontend strategy to support mobile clients, optimizing our React poker client, migrating our old Backbone site to a new tech stack and working to improve our SEO across the board.
We look for smart and independent people who work best in a team where everyone pulls their weight and collaborates with each other. Proactivity is key so we can improve and expand our systems without micromanagement. You will be given a lot of freedom as long as you can handle the responsibility that comes with it.
We are not afraid of using new technologies when we have to, but know that sometimes boring technology is the best solution. Using the best tools for the job is taken seriously and we expect everyone to be flexible enough to learn and use them. But also courageous enough to challenge old choices and champion change.
- Poker lobby: Rails 4, a single page application with Backbone.js
- Poker game server: written in Ruby
- Poker game client: new HTML5 client written in React/Redux
- Other technologies used: MySQL, Sidekiq, Redis, NodeJS, Go, Kubernetes and many more
- Have experience leading the frontend work from before
- Have expert knowledge of HTML5 and modern CSS (Less/Sass)
- Have a lot of experience working with and debugging cross browser applications
- Have experience writing automated tests, be it BDD, TDD, etc
- Have a good understanding of HTTP and REST-ful APIs
- Be confident working with git, code review and pull requests
- Comfortable working with and helping others on a variety of platforms
- Be eager to learn and able to express your thoughts, arguments, and ideas clearly and effectively
- Have excellent english language skills (fluent speaking)
Ideally you should
- Have experience with React/Backbone
- Have experience with GraphQL
- Have experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Have professional experience working remotely
- Have contributed to open source projects
- Enjoy playing poker!
What we offer
- Plenty of autonomy for you to work the way you think you're most productive
- A flexible process with the focus on efficiency of working with minimal bureaucracy
- A mixture of fun and challenging projects working on a real-time game
- Competitive salary (negotiable and depending on experience/skills)
To apply: https://replaygaming.breathehr.com/v/senior-frontend-developer-11286