Headquarters: Virginia Beach, VA
Gravity Forms is looking for a Content Marketer to write amazing content for our website, execute our content strategy, collaborate with team members, outside partners, and guest contributors to hit deadlines, drive traffic, and provide value to new users and current customers. Relocation is not necessary, as we consider your geographic location a non-issue. Hours are flexible based on your time zone requirements.
- Whether executing on a defined assignment or on one of your own ideas, first and foremost, your job is to create high quality, value-packed content for new users and current customers.
- This is most likely in the form of blog posts, but you also handle longer form content like eBooks, or tutorials, etc.
- Content topics range from broad marketing tips to the nitty gritty of how users can integrate Gravity Forms and MailChimp to grow their email list.
2. Edit and Publish Blog Content
- We have a few team members who occasionally contribute content. You are the last set of eyeballs before a post goes live and as keeper of the blog keys, everything flows through you. Attention to detail is a must.
- Our website and blog are on WordPress, so you need to know how to format, edit, schedule, and publish posts on WordPress.
3. Manage the Content Calendar
- You work with the Director of Marketing to plan content strategy. Your job is the execution. You own the calendar and ensure that we hit our deadlines.
- As part of implementing the content strategy, you’re the key player in relationships with Gravity Forms internal contributors, comarketing partners, community add-on developers, freelancers, etc. to execute on assignments and collaborative projects.
4. Optimize for SEO
- You’re the resident expert on SEO, responsible for driving organic traffic to our blog.
- You establish strategies and processes for optimizing and repurposing/republishing content to improve SEO
5. Engage with the Community
- Part of your job is pushing our content on Social Media channels. You’ll create, schedule, and publish posts, and monitor comments both on social and our blog.
6. Document and Improve our Processes
- You help create Standard Operating Procedures for publishing content. I.e. Events, Releases, etc. We’re building best practices, SOPs, and guidelines, and we need big contributions from you.
7. Develop deep knowledge of Gravity Forms
- Ideally, you’re already familiar with our product (Gravity Forms), but if you aren’t, we want you to become an expert. You’re a key player in communicating how Gravity Forms solves customers’ problems - so you need to know how to use it.
- You’re a skilled writer with a keen attention to detail, strong editing skills, and a proven ability to craft a coherent, well-researched blog article.
- You can hold your own talking shop with developers and can take technical concepts and explain them in an easy to grasp way.
- You’re good at managing multiple contributors, projects with various deadlines, while keeping your head up to see what’s coming.
- You love creating a plan and executing on that plan.
- You can take an assignment and run with it, but also love to pitch new ideas.
- You love to learn, face new challenges, and solve problems
- You’re an action taker, doing things right the first time.
- You are familiar with using WordPress (how to format and schedule posts, edit pages, schedule posts, etc.)
- You are already familiar with using Gravity Forms.
- You've already figured out solutions to the challenges of remote working.
Your first 1-3 months on the job:
We have a small bank of blog articles that are just about ready to publish. You’ll create the plan, schedule these posts in WordPress, and share on social.
In the next few months, we have new Official Add-ons coming out (meaning Gravity Forms will integrate with a 3rd party service like MailChimp, HubSpot, etc). You’ll work with the marketing team and the development team to create content and co-marketing pieces around these Add-On releases. (Example: we just released the EmailOctopus Add-On and created an announcement post, a “sales” page with description and features, as well as social media posts).
Within the Gravity Forms community, developers have created their own products that extend the features of the Gravity Forms core product. As part of working more closely with these developers, we want to collaborate on content, highlighting how customers can solve problems and create advanced solutions using Gravity Forms and these community add-ons. You’ll be a key player in these collaborative conversations, help craft the strategy, and then execute. This content is likely to be more than just a blog article, but could be an in-depth case study, extended tutorial, ebook, etc.As part of bringing you up to speed, you will also audit Gravity Forms content, looking for new opportunities, areas of improvement, content that can be refreshed, etc.
On a random day, 6 months into the role:
You might have a call with the Director of Marketing to go over next month’s content. You will publish a blog post and share on social media (or schedule it!). Provide edits to a guest writer’s recent draft. Work on a long form case study that highlights how a customer is using Gravity Forms with X, Y, and Z to create an education platform. Wrap up the day by checking with the product team about a new Add-On release coming in two weeks.
Working at RocketGenius
- Report to the Director of Marketing
- Work from anywhere
- Unlimited vacation days
- Benefits package paid for by RocketGenius (Health, Dental, Vision)
- IRA Plan with Company matched contributions
The Application Process
- A brief series of emails and/or Slack chats.
- Short video calls with key members of the organization.
- We will offer you the option of talking directly to a member of the team so you can get another perspective of what it’s like working with us.
- A paid trial project lasting between 2-8 weeks, depending on your availability, which will give us the opportunity to see what it’s like working together.
- A formal offer.
To apply: https://www.gravityforms.com/careers/content-marketer/