Headquarters: London, UK
Ruby Labs Ltd (RL) is a fast-growing start-up established in London in 2018. RL operates the biggest astrology mobile app (1.5M MAU) worldwide with the mission to educate people by simplifying astrology for greater awareness.
We are looking for a highly experienced, deeply empathetic Senior Product Designer to join the RL’s Product team. We have significant expansion plans, and our ability to deliver delightful, impactful and exceptional product experiences will be paramount to our continued success.
You’ll be reporting directly to our VP of Product and work alongside our existing Data, Engineering, and Design teams to ensure that our outputs are always aligned with overarching business objectives.
We’re looking for someone bright, unwaveringly candid, and driven. If you’re a highly ambitious, personable problem-solver, then this is an opportunity to join a fast-growth and ambitious start-up.
We’re scaling quickly, which means that the focus and responsibilities of any position can be quite dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at RL:
- Manage, mentor, hire and inspire a team of product designers
- Establish and evolve systems and processes that enable the best design work to occur as well as a culture of deep collaboration and learning
- Play a big role in defining our product strategy and roadmap
- Love to mentor designers at all phases of their career, including early-career designers, and you can effectively help them grow and flourish.
- Be proactive in product improvements and identify new product ideas and opportunities;
- Use industry techniques like personas, journey maps, diagramming, etc.;
- Synthesize and extract insights from data to identify an experience pain point and possible opportunities;
- Ship, measure, and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback;
- Brainstorm and iterate with your design colleagues to help raise the bar on the whole experience;
- Measure the impact of design through monitoring key metrics of project/product;
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with data scientist and PM to extract insights from numbers;
- Apply usability heuristics and UX laws in designs and make sure designed interfaces do not have any usability issues;
- Come up with rapid prototyping ideas with different levels of fidelity;
- Understand current design patterns and guidelines for mobile and web experiences.
- 5+ years of experience in UX and Product Design with a thorough understanding of interaction design fundamentals;
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative research;
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and design members simultaneously;
- Ability to solve complex design problems;
- Ability to understand the problem, user pain points and user needs, and clearly communicate and teach product designers
- Ability to understand data and use it effectively in the design process;
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle;
- A portfolio showing your high quality and detailed Product Design work.
You will be joining a strong team of ~40 people passionate about building the best-in-class product. RL has incredible team members, users, and ambitions... which is where you come in.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build and grow one of the most exciting astrology products which will shape the future of how people consume astrology services.
We are a remote-first company, and our product team is distributed across Europe while our chat operators and content management are located on-site in Malta. This was a deliberate choice to prioritise work-life balance and ensure we're able to accommodate the best people in Europe, whilst fostering diversity.
- Competitive remuneration
- Culture of continuous learning
- Flexible vacation policy
- Regular employment in UK or Malta
- Contractor agreement for the team members distributed across Europe (non-UK/Malta)
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/ruby-labs-ltd-senior-product-designer