Headquarters: 100% Remote
Are you a Python expert that loves sports? Do you want to join a driven team in a high-growth startup? If so, keep reading…
Over the last year, our bootstrapped and profitable company has grown a ton and we need an experienced backend engineer to join our team and help us keep up the pace.
, we’re a fully-remote team of sports geeks, data scientists, and professional gamblers on a mission to help average Joes beat daily fantasy sports.
We’re built on...
Backend - Python
Data - MySQL, Postgres, Redis
DevOps & Deployment - Google Cloud Platform, Github
Frontend - Angular & Firebase
Our tools are easy to use, but there’s a lot of complexity behind the scenes and powering it all is our custom machine learning algorithm.
The algorithm accurately predict the outcome of every game for all major sports by pulling in data from dozens of sources and simulating each game thousands of times, play-by-play.
Through our web-based app, our players can easily use that data to build strong lineups in a matter of minutes.
- You thrive in an unstructured startup environment
- You’re a team player and step into other roles as needed
- You effectively balance speed, quality, and technical debt
- You’re always learning and improving
About your role
- Design, build, scale, and maintain our data pipelines, data stores, and APIs
- Create tests, perform code reviews, and fix bugs
- Mentor junior engineers
- Help establish a clear development process
- Highly proficient in Python and object-oriented design
- Designing and scaling SQL databases
- Working with cloud infrastructure
- Linux administration
- Google Cloud Platform
- R (or other statistical modeling experience)
- Competitive salary
- Equity in a profitable, growing company
- Health insurance reimbursement
- Unlimited vacation
On the fence?
If you’re looking for a narrowly defined role where most days are the same, this isn’t for you.
But if you’re looking to make an impact from day 1 and solve interesting problems, hit the “Apply” button now...
To apply: https://forms.gle/HeQ8bdrpehsPqXUr7