SemanticBits is seeking a DevOps Engineer to support the automation and deployment needs of highly scalable healthcare systems. You will work hand-in-hand with development teams to implement automation solutions using technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, ECS, and Terraform to automatically build, test, integrate, and deploy complex, modern systems. You will leverage the full power of the cloud to configure highly resilient and scalable applications that support zero downtime. This is a remote position.
- Candidate must reside in the United States
- Solid hands-on working experience with configuring and maintaining resources on AWS.
- Hands-on understanding of Docker. Be able to write Dockerfiles. Experience with Docker Compose is a plus.
- Familiar with at least one container orchestration platform. ECS or Kubernetes is preferred. Have an understanding and experience of both deploying and maintaining these systems.
- Experience with production deployments using Jenkins. Familiarity with jenkinsfiles is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Terraform (preferred) and/or CloudFormation.
- Knowledge of scripting or programming – Bash, Powershell, Python is a plus.
- Knowledge of a configuration management tool, such as Ansible.
- Deep, hands-on experience with Linux and administration.
- Expertise with cloud security, understand the principle of least privilege. Be experienced with securing S3 buckets and IAM configurations. Understand security groups and access controls.
- Experience with and a strong understanding of secret management along with the practice of good security hygiene.
- Experience with Atlassian tooling such as Jira and Confluence preferred.
- Understand how web applications work and the common tools around them.
- Understand the 12 factor app.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals is appreciated.