Our team is fully remote, with most of our engineers currently either in the Americas. We communicate regularly using video chat and Slack, and strive to put a special emphasis on asynchronous communication to allow people to have time to do deep thinking and often have hours of uninterrupted time.
We are seeking an experienced software engineer with proven programming and analytic abilities that has been through the ups and downs of developing large software projects before. You would be a fundamental member of the team focusing on building a solid foundation for the platform. We seek people who are excited and driven to continue growing with the experience of working with talented engineers, and help others improve. We are obsessed with disrupting an industry that desperately needs it, by continuing to build tools that help make our customers do great things.
You will work on helping us solidify a successful and profitable product that integrates with ecommerce platforms such as Shopify, Amazon, eBay and Etsy. The integrations are used at scale and is continuously growing.
- You understand that great things are accomplished when teams work together.
- You’ve got lots of experience with Python
- You can code review other team members work and provide assistance and appreciate feedback.
- You take pride in your craft.
- You’ve learned from building systems and solutions the reasons to avoid technical debt, and how to approach and implement TDD and CI practices.
- You can craft elegant solutions when solving complex features and solutions.
- You’ve made a lot of mistakes, and most importantly, have learned from them.
- 8+ years of experience writing software
- You are comfortable and even enjoy mentoring others in different skillsets
- You have worked on medium and large projects that have gone to production and lived there for a while
- Work on a cross-functional team including front end and UX to build solutions that are easy for customers to understand, work consistently and scale well.
- Review features and requirements and guide, design and implement solutions.
- Understand business requirements and think through solutions in terms of not just the coding implementation but also how the solution fits into the solution and how it solves a customer need.
- Ability to estimate effort and ship on agreed schedule. Comfortable pushing yourself and your team members when challenges pop up.
- Lead regular code reviews, with the goal of code quality, good design and approach along with pushing engineers to improve and evolve.
- Optimize existing tech stack and solutions, determine path to next step in the evolution.
- Learn, and push those around you to do the same - this is a craft that you’re constantly improving upon.
- Implement solutions that are pragmatic to get the platform built.
- Have the confidence to work with experienced and talented people to just build great things, you’re not a “rockstar”.
- Work with ShipHero leadership to implement practices and principles for the team.
- $2.500 so you can buy any equipment you need to be happy at your job
- 20 days paid vacation + new year & christmas
- Conference days don't count against your vacation days, we want you to stay up-to-date
- We will pay for courses & conferences, if you learn we all learn