Company: Akash NetworkRole: Senior Distributed Systems Engineer, Full timeOffice Location: San Francisco - Fully RemoteSalary: $150K - $200k (depending on experience and work location) + Attractive Equity.
Akash is the serverless super cloud on a mission to make cloud infrastructure censorship-resistant, self-sovereign and open -- aligned with the foundational principles of the internet.
- The world’s first serverless super cloud and offers compute at a fraction of a cost (10x lower) than the market.
- Raised over $6 million from notable silicon venture capitalists.
- Founded by notable open-source developers Adam Bozanich, and Greg Osuri.
- You will be amongst the first 20 employees in a fast-growing company and expected to double the team size by year-end.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency writing production-quality code, preferably in GoLang
- Strong familiarity with distributed programming models
- Deep understanding of all things “cloud infrastructure” - architectures, optimization, scalability, etc
- Excellent communication skills
- You are amazingly entrepreneurial
- You want to help build a massive company
- You must feel comfortable working remotely
Technical Skills: GoLang, Kubernetes (programming), Network and System Design, Cloud Infrastructure Automation.
Nice to have
- Notable Opensource Contributions
- Working with edge deployments (low-latency and distributed)
- Programming Language Design
- Experience in building public decentralized ledgers (Blockchain)
- Experience with serverless technologies