At Sova, we take real pride in our technology, whilst sticking to the Sova values of Making Science Work, Different Together, Restless Spirits, Ever Upwards. We are looking for a Senior Python Developer to support and deliver the on-going software which makes Sova a great place to work!
From problem solving to new concept ideas, you have a genuine opportunity to unleash your full potential and creativity on a variety of software projects.
If you’re a seasoned developer, with a love for front and back-end technologies and you want to play a significant role in building functional and efficient server-side applications, we’d like to meet you!
The role will include:
- Participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Building efficient server-side applications and features in Python 3.
- Integrating front-end components into applications.
- Helping design and implement functional requirements.
- Manage testing and bug fixes.
- Preparing technical documentation.
- Collaborating with Product Owners and UX/UI designers to implement design into the code.
- Checking code from other developers and help to coach junior team members.
- Implementing software enhancements and suggest improvements.
- Mentoring junior developers.
What’s the work like?
There are a number of different tasks and projects we expect senior python developers to be involved with, but here’s an idea of some of the upcoming projects we have on the roadmap:
- Major re-platforming programme including implementing a brand new user interface
- Gamification projects
- Machine learning projects
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Solid hands-on experience as a Python Developer (5+ years)
- Worked with Python 3
- Experience with Python frameworks (ideally Django)
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and REST API
- An understanding of databases and SQLM
- Experience on developing and delivering scalable applications
- Strong communication skills to team members and clients
- Ideally have led teams and mentored others
- A BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field (or equivalent experience)