Headquarters: Holland MI or Remote
What You’ll Do
● Apply your understanding of software development in other domains, including Embedded and Web. Don’t worry if you don’t already have these skills; one of our core values is to mentor and learn!
● Learn to use IoT methodologies and protocols to build next-generation connected solutions.
● Use TDD, CI/CD, and DevOps methodologies to develop high quality software.
● Work on Agile software teams to collaborate with customers to build the right solution for their unique requirements, timelines, and budgets.
● Support business development efforts through quoting and writing proposals.
● Help SpinDance grow by being a thought leader inside and outside the organization.
What We’re Looking For
● Have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent professional industry experience. A strong sense of software craftsmanship is a plus. At this time, we are unable to sponsor visas.
● Have 8+ years of experience developing native mobile apps for both iOS and Android platforms and/or developing software in cloud contexts, especially as part of a distributed system. Don’t worry if you don’t know IoT, we’ll teach you that part, although some background in IoT is helpful.
● A desire to gain experience and mastery across multiple domains (Cloud, Embedded, Mobile, and Web).
● Someone who loves the culture of a small company and enjoys working on every part of the software development life cycle: requirements gathering, architecture, development, testing, deployment and support.
● A background or desire to work in a DevOps environment.
● A desire to learn and share what you’ve learned through a variety of avenues.
● Strong interpersonal skills: teamwork is very important to us.
● Being able to write a killer blog post is a plus.
SpinDance is an 18 year old, profitable software company focused on craftsmanship and pragmatic solutions. Our team of around 50 includes people of all ages and walks of life, and who love waking up everyday to solve all sorts of interesting problems.
Here’s what we offer:
● A competitive salary.
● Work anywhere in the United States.
● A fun, caring team who holds each other accountable for results, and values a healthy work/life balance.
● Flexible hours and locations. As knowledge workers, we understand the need for balancing community and collaboration with deep focus. We use Scrum and Slack to stay connected, and we trust our team to work where they want when they want.
● Standard 40 hour work weeks. We understand the best work comes from reasonable schedules sustained over months and years, not death marches. There are times where more work is expected, but in general, we aim for 40 hour weeks.
● Great healthcare and dental insurance.
● Paid vacation and time off.
● 401k with a matching contribution of 100% on the first 3% of your eligible earnings and an additional 50% on the next 2% of your eligible earnings.
● Ongoing professional development, including books, conferences, and certifications.
● A $50 reimbursement towards your cell phone bill.
● Regular snacks and lunches. We bring in breakfast food on Monday and have catered lunches twice a month, or more.
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org