Headquarters: Topeka, KS
Seeking detailed and self-motivated individual to serve the role of Data Analyst. This role supports the Customer Service department, completing conversions of data from a legacy system to the company’s software products, troubleshooting data issues, creating queries requested by customers, or making database modifications via query. The role will need to learn all of the ins and outs of the Suntell software to properly analyze data and how it will be used by customers.
Our customers love us for our great support, delivered by our Customer Service team: prompt and smart human beings, empathetic problem-solvers, and patient trouble-shooters. The Data Analyst is expected to be the same. Because we’re small, our Customer Service team has to wear a lot of hats, which will apply to the Data Analyst as well. We like employees to have a lot of personality and contribute, but also work well with our existing team. Our employees have a lot of autonomy over their work, but with autonomy comes responsibility over the results produced. We operate in a Results Only Work Environment
(it is highly recommended that you read more here
before applying so that you understand our work culture).
Key Responsibilities include:
- Analyze, map, and migrate data for conversions from legacy systems for new customers.
- Communicate clearly with customers regarding their projects, both via email and phone.
- Understand a problem presented in “non-technical” words, and translate into what is needed via SQL query to resolve
- Support both customer service with SQL database queries as needed, both for custom reporting or custom database requests
- Troubleshooting data anomalies or errors related to bank-specific data
- Project Lead: Manage ongoing conversion projects, customer service requests, and other support as needed. You are responsible for overseeing the projects, sometimes with multiple resources, and the delivery.
- Provide detailed and timely documentation within ticketing and project management systems.
- Ability to write and understand complex SQL queries. Able to move data from one table to another via query, able to move data from a flat file such as an Excel file into a SQL database. We will not teach this skill – the ability to work with SQL queries must be known on Day 1 in order to be successful.
- Exemplary organizational, time management and follow-up skills. You will juggle many projects with varying deadlines and need to know how to prioritize and deliver, and you are responsible for your workload. If you struggle to keep your work organized, this is not the right job for you.
- Strong knowledge of relational database concepts and knowledge of SQL server.
- Ability to organize and recall information. Every project is unique, and a major part of this role is taking what is learned on one project and recognizing the need to apply the same logic or method to another project.
- Ability to work with data in multiple formats, including Excel, comma or tab delimited files, Access. Manipulating data in Excel is a key requirement of this job.
- Commercial and/or agricultural lending/banking knowledge is a plus
- Prior remote experience is preferred. You must have the ability to work both independently and within a remote team environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Access to reliable high-speed internet is critical.
To apply: https://airtable.com/shrFrpbNb9dqUA59p