MUST have solid Cobol experience, C# and C++ would be major Pluses.
Application Maintenance Support
- Using COBOL and C# fix bugs and deploy patches with applications while monitoring strong change management controls
- Maintain strong security controls
- Coordinate testing efforts prior to rolling out any upgrades
- Develop custom applications to support the different functional areas of the business
- Support system interfaces with Warehouse Management Systems, Electronic Data Interfaces and the website
- Ensure code quality and maintain security architecture through industry best practices
- Coordinate user acceptance testing efforts to ensure smooth deployments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-10 years Cobol experience
- C / C# development experience would be a big plus
- Knowledge of Linux, AIX, and Windows environments
- Job scheduling using Unix shell scripting knowledge
- Experience with SQL Server and PostGreSQL
- Distribution / Manufacturing experience preferred to include: Distribution Management, Financial Management / Reporting, Inventory Mgt, Billing / Receivables / Lockbox, Procurement Mgt, General Ledger, Customer Order Processing, Tax, Warehouse Management,EDI Integration, and external system integration e.g. Warehouse Management, eCommerce Integration, etc.