DevOps Engineer (Remote)
* PLEASE ONLY U.S Citizens or Canadian Citizens. We are unable to sponsor Visas*
Surge is an onshore provider of custom web, cloud, mobile, digital, and desktop software development and consulting services to clients in every industry, from hot startups to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2007, and listed on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing companies for five straight years, Surge has successfully delivered hundreds of software products, apps, and solutions to its clients using a proven agile/scrum development process combined with an elite group of North American software professionals.Summary
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for:
- Creating, administering and maintaining automated solutions
- Building code/compilation strategies
- Packaging and Versioning with artifact management strategies
- Deployment including product configuration strategies
- Source Code repository management (SCM) including branch management.
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and applications
- Recommending and implementing approved process and procedure improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Creating, administering, and maintaining certain integration point solutions with other systems or data streams.
- 4+ years of direct experience with Development/Operations delivery pipeline activities
- 3+ years applied scripting experience in advanced scripting languages
- Ability to stand up a CI pipeline in one or more industry-standard tools
- Working knowledge and experience with at least one deploy/Release toolset
- Solid technical and project leader skills
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Working experience with infrastructure monitoring / logging