Microsoft Cloud Architect
Who You Are:
- A Seasoned Engineer that will help accelerate our growth by bringing expertise in Azure Cloud architecture, security, and best practices for our engineering team and our production systems.
- You have successfully architected and implemented Azure networking and cloud infrastructure with a focus on security.
- Someone who understands how to strike a balance between secure environments, productive teams, and going fast.
- Someone who can embody our core traits: Humility, Quality, Teamwork and feel comfortable in a supportive environment where it is okay to fail but recover and learn from it. At the heart of it, a desire to make things better- our code base, our processes, yourself and others!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Participate in the design and rollout of Azure networking and security services to provide a global virtual infrastructure for development, test and production SaaS products.
- Responsible for creating, updating and improving security practices, procedures and documentation in order to secure all cloud systems and services
- Responsible for designing, implementing and supporting an Azure Virtual Wan with several Virtual Hubs and numerous virtual networks, subnets and interconnections
- Responsible for designing, implementing and supporting Azure based VPN Gateways for use by engineering team to support and troubleshoot cloud systems
- Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining Azure Network Security Groups so that cloud systems are appropriately separated and all communication amongst and access to cloud systems is logged and monitored
- Responsible for deploying, maintaining and hardening all cloud firewalls, load balancers, traffic managers and other virtual networking appliances
- Responsible for maintaining and improving security groups and access controls for the development, testing and production environments and ensuring all practices and changes are adequately documented and reviewed to comply with several compliance and/or legal regulations
- Participate on the Governance, Risk and Compliance team (GRC) to continuously ensure existing certifications and regulations are being met (PCI, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, etc.) while also implementing new controls and measures in order to prepare for future audits in the areas of ISO 27001, SOC 2, FedRamp, C5, etc.
- Assist in responding to requests for security information from partners
- Work with internal development teams to ensure appropriate security measures are taking place during development
- Assist and support the build and release processes to ensure and improve security vulnerability scans and other security related pipeline steps
- 4+ Years Microsoft Azure experience securing and designing applications on the Azure cloud.
- 8+ years of overall experience in designing and developing enterprise grade applications
- Hands-on experience with all aspects of cloud infrastructure lifecycle
- Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy and compliance and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft’s Azure cloud services and enterprise technology platform
- Applicants must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Nice to Have:
- MCSA Cloud Platform (Azure) Training & Certification
- MCSE Cloud Platform & Infrastructure Training & Certification
- MCSD Azure Solutions Architect Training & Certification