Position: Sr. Python Developer
The Engineer will be responsible for working with a highly functional team developing a build from scratch product and automating data ingestion, optimizing system and search performance, integration with enterprise authentication services & HR systems, and transactions to manage site access (grant, revoke, report) physical access to buildings and floors, while maintaining established security protocols development, test, and production systems
- Senior Python Developer with good experience in Python, Pandas/NumPy/SciPy, RESTful/REST
- Backend = Python
- Frontend = AWS, Angular or React
- Experience with node.js would be helpful
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask, or Tornado) and Spark/Kafka/Hadoop (plus)
- Full Stack Engineer capable of designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating test and deployment
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and design teams
- Collaborating with other technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration.
- Enforcing existing process guidelines; drives new processes, guidelines, team rules, and best practices.
- Ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and pitch in on story tasks (design, code, test, CI/CD, deploy)
- Ensures efficient execution of overall product delivery by prioritizing, planning and tracking sprint progress. (This can include the development of shippable code
Qualifications: • Expert with Python Development
- 10+ years of Python Development experience
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer science or any related quantitative field. • Knowledgeable in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda)
- Deep Experience with micro-services architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), DevOps principles • Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture • Solid foundation and understanding of relational and NoSQL database principles. • Experience working with numerical/quantitative systems, e.g., pandas, NumPy, SciPy, and Apache Spark.
- Experience in developing and using automated ingestion for excel files
- Experience with transactions to manage (grant, revoke, report) privileges for physical access to buildings and floors.
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask, or Tornado)
- Experience in writing automated unit, integration, regression, performance, and acceptance tests.
- Solid understanding of software design principles • Proven track record of executing on the full product lifecycle (inception through deprecation) to create highly scalable and flexible RESTful APIs to enable an infinite number of digital products. • Self-directed with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset. • Ravenous about learning technology and problem-solving. • Strong writing and communication skills.