WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2007, Theorem LLC (formerly Citrusbyte) is a remote-first, fully distributed, technology consulting company. Our customers, F1000's and startups alike, come to us because they need to change how something is done in order to succeed and they're looking for a solution that isn’t just about technology — but also people, process and leadership. We consult, form a diverse team of experts, and deliver strategy and execution all under one roof. Our services range from new product development, pure R&D, legacy modernization, pricing strategy development, revenue generation, process optimization, to organizational transformation and cultural design. Learn more about Theorem LLC at: theorem.co
WHAT YOU’LL DO
WHO YOU ARE
You are a passionate technical polyglot with the discipline to create and finish projects. You do not shy away from exploring new languages and technical tools, acquiring the skills you need, to get a job done. You have opinions about your favorite open source projects, or perhaps you have contributed to some or started one of your own. You are empathetic and understand the importance of good communication and collaboration. Whether you are raising the flag within an implementation or sharing your favorite playlist in Slack, you will not shy away from letting your voice be heard.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Prototype, architect and build data processing systems using Typescript
- Collaborate with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build products
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a remote, distributed team environment
- Consult to and guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- 5 + years of professional experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with server side development in one or more languages like Ruby, Rust, Go, Python, Node or others.
- Experience with both utilizing web APIs and implementing them
- Are familiar with implementing security and authentication over a distributed system
- Experience with web sockets is nice to have
- Experience with pub/sub concepts is nice to have
- Previous remote work experience
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams
- Strong ability to communicate, collaborate, and empathize with others
- Previous consulting experience
- Recent experience in a high performing agile and/or lean environment, eg. Scrum, XP, Kanban, others.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL WHEN
- You are able to hit the ground running within your area of expertise and are not afraid of challenges outside of it
- Thrive on collaborating with other team members and across disciplines
- You are happy to receive feedback and see it as an opportunity for reflection and improvement
- You are always learning - Whether you are learning to help your team and customer work through new concepts and technology
- You are astute, you know when to push an issue and when to let things lie
- You are friendly - you reach out to your teammates even if they aren’t on your project team
- You can work through ambiguity - you aren’t shy about asking questions to gain clarity
- Entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial - always on the lookout for new opportunities to improve the company externally and internally