Our growing technology company seeks an enthusiastic and passionate human with well-established AWS, Azure, GCP, and DevSecOps experience to join our elite team of dedicated individuals. In this position, you will be responsible for maintaining and assisting with the implementation, security, and automation of cloud-based infrastructure and software systems. With a variety of production systems, your skillset is broad - implementing cloud and hybrid solutions for various application architectures – and you easily transition between those and handle multiple projects and priorities. A well-rounded individual is critical for this position.
This position reports to the Director, Cloud Operations, and is ideally based in Washington, DC. Qualified remote candidates urged to apply.
- Partner with development, operations, and Security teams to develop practical solutions for creating, automating, and securing our multi-cloud applications while demonstrating deep understanding of the implications in each of these environments
- As the primary point of contact for several production cloud-based systems, monitor, configure, troubleshoot, and resolve system issues as necessary
- Ensure critical SLAs are met which will include an on-call schedule for emergencies
- Assist with the development of solutions for collecting, analyzing, and acting on telemetry and log data from applications
- Design, refine, and implement security best practices utilizing a wide range of approaches such as layer 3/4/7 firewall policies, SSL/TLS encryption, SIEM systems, data protection (DLP, encryption), and Privileged Access Management
- Leverage previous experiences and industry best practices to create state of the art SIEM solutions
- Develop and maintain a highly organized and secure multi-cloud IAM infrastructure
- Perform security assessments and compile evidence for external security audits of cloud environments for industry standard frameworks such as ISO, NIST, SOC2
- Assist with system architecture of existing and new cloud-based systems
- Member of the system deployment team which releases updates into production
- Develop and organize documentation and architecture diagrams for new and/or existing systems
- Provide system training and technical guidance for utilizing cloud computing resources
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participate in special projects as required
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 8+ years of demonstrable experience with integrating, installing, configuring, upgrading, securing, and supporting software systems in a heterogeneous operating system environment
- 4+ years of demonstrable experience with cloud-based administration (Azure, AWS, Google, etc) with a deep understanding of cloud concepts, cloud security, and web technologies
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration
- Excellent knowledge of different redundancy and backup and disaster recovery approaches in the cloud
- Experience writing PowerShell/Python scripts and markup language files such as XML, JSON, and/or YAML
- Understanding of relational and non-relational database system design and SQL query language
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Azure Application Insights, AWS CloudWatch, Azure Log Analytics, NewRelic, Nagios, Solarwinds, Dynatrace, Retrace, Site24x7, etc.
- Experience using tools such as Telnet/SSH, port scanners, network protocol analyzers, and other network monitoring tools
- PKI systems and SSL/TLS Certificates management expert
- Experience with Azure Resource Templates and/or AWS CloudFormation
- IAM Expert including
- Azure AD and other enterprise account and RBAC management
- Implementation and management of MFA, SSO, SAML, RADIUS, OAuth, and OpenID connections
- Privileged Account Management such as account creation and discovery, password/key rotation, access request/approval workflows
- MDM and Conditional Access systems
- Deep understanding of firewalls, VLANs, NAT, NACLs, Load Balancing, VPN tunnels, DNS, DHCP, and packet filtering
- Microsoft product expert including Windows Server, SQL Server
- Proficient in web technologies including Apache, LAMP stacks, IIS, and Wordpress
- Excellent knowledge of static content offloading, caching, and CDNs
- Extensive experience using browser dev tools, process monitor/explorer, and other 3rd party tools for troubleshooting complex issues
- Version control (e.g. Git, etc) and automated deployment tools (e.g Jenkins, DevOps/VSTS, CodeDeploy, TeamCity, Bamboo, etc.)
- Education: Associate (2-year) degree, Bachelor (4-year) degree preferred in the field of CS or IT
- Desired certifications: Technical certification in Microsoft administration, Azure/AWS Cloud, Security+, CISSP, Network+, CCNA, development languages, databases, and/or DevOps tools
WHY WORK AT THYCOTIC?
We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative.
What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression!
Thycotic was awarded “Best Places to Work” in 2019 in recognition of the hands-on experience and growth opportunities available here, as reported by employees. A focus on employee advancement and our ethos of respect are just some of the reasons why people love working here!
Thycotic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy. In addition, all publicly posted social media sites may be reviewed.