Ruby on Rails powers a lot of our infrastructure, and we’re always looking for talented Rails developers to help us reach the next level.
By joining our team, you’ll get the opportunity to work on many of our various Rails projects with a team of highly skilled Rails experts from around the world. At Toptal, we push the boundaries on what’s possible with Rails every single day, and we’d love for you to help us get even further. The bulk of the work we do on a daily basis is pure back-end development, but occasionally some new UI has to be wired up, so some front-end skills on your part certainly won’t hurt.
We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises—we create beautifully architected Rails apps that are polished, fast, well-tested, and a joy to use.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code.
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic technical decisions related to new products and functionality.
- Help maintain code quality.
- Onboard and mentor new team members.
- You must have 3+ years of web development experience—preference given to candidates who have experience with large applications of some scale.
- You must have a solid grasp of object-oriented programming, automated software testing, databases, development, and testing methodologies.
- You must have experience developing a web framework—with Ruby on Rails a plus.
- Be excited about deploying to production multiple times a day and collaborating daily with your team and other groups while working via a distributed model.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Be comfortable with iterative and incremental development.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.