Headquarters: Washington DC
Are you a technical writer with a penchant for video?
We’re looking for a detail-oriented writer with strong organizational skills and a great voice to join our team to create help guides & help videos.
This position involves more than crafting a clear and concise copy for our growing knowledge base.
We’re looking for someone who’s comfortable creating video tutorials, product feature videos and organizing and maintaining our support documentation and guides (our help center).
Our team is incredibly passionate, smart, supportive, skilled, open to learning, happy to take constructive criticism and use it to level up. We’re looking for someone who can match that energy and help us scale.
About the role:
You’ll use your clear and inviting voice to help new and existing customers navigate the ins and outs of our video-on-demand platform.
In addition to creating helpful and easy-to-follow video tutorials, you’ll be responsible for replacing old content with new and fresh material for our expanding knowledge base.
We’re constantly adding new features to our platform and your ability to quickly grasp, distill and translate technical features into easy-to-understand content is crucial.
As our documentation specialist, we’ll also rely on your impeccable organization skills to keep all content up to date.
This is a full-time remote position and is not suited for a digital nomad lifestyle. We require a steady internet connection and a mandatory overlap of working hours with the rest of the team.
- Must speak English clearly and be easy to understand.
- 2+ years of experience managing content
- 2+ years of experience writing (with writing samples to support)
- Experience in SaaS (as a writer, editor or content manager)
- Experience writing/editing scripts for videos or podcasts
- Impeccable sense of grammar and punctuation (American English)
- A fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (with their own laptop)
- Able to overlap at least 4 hours with our distributed team: from 6 AM to noon ET
- Quick to learn and able to understand audiences
- Able to work independently
- Native or near-native English speaker
- Overall a kind and the fun person [insert smiley emoji
- 4 weeks paid days off per year (eligible after the first 6 months with the company)
- Amazing, young and motivated team
- 20 paid days off per year (eligible after the first 3 months with the company)
- Budget for personal development
- Equipment Allowance.
- Paid co-working space.
Uscreen is the world’s leading video monetization platform. We help thousands of creators, entrepreneurs, fitness trainers, coaches, entertainment companies and various other experts launch their own video-on-demand streaming service and make money selling videos online. Think of it as building your own "Netflix". We are a lean startup but are fully independent, privately held and profitable.
We are a SaaS company with an agile, but structured environment. Uscreen is a remote-first company, with our team members distributed across the world. However, we do have rules and guidelines set in place to make sure everyone is delivering their best work and maintains an overlap with the rest of the key members of the team.
How to apply:
- Apply using the link below
- We review the applications and email candidates who qualify for the second round
- The qualified candidates will be asked to do a test task: usually a video of yourself answering a few questions
- After we review the submissions, we will organize a video interview.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to respond to successful candidates.
Apply here: https://forms.gle/z5ASMPz4pKNfBYDL9
To apply: https://forms.gle/GNEGXYq7ne3tkXMm6