Important Notes:-We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.-We are not working with third parties. Any resumes from third parties will result in removal from our vendor list.-This position is fully remote, with the option to work out of our Orange County CA office following Covid-19.
Verys is a multi-disciplined technology delivery firm that offers a strategic approach to building software through user-centered design, modern development architecture, business alignment all wrapped up in a structured agile environment. We build software to be proud of for clients like Blizzard, American Airlines, Kia, and Experian. Right now, we’re looking to welcome a new Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Orange County, California. In this role, you will work alongside technical leads, developers, QA analysts, and project managers to deliver the quality code that’s lead to our stable growth over the last 8 years. If you are excited by solving complex challenges and growing your career within an innovative software services company, we’d love to hear from you!What you will be doing
- Driving feature implementation from planning to completion for various games
- Maintaining and growing a production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly stable and resilient.
- Reviewing logs and monitoring data to diagnose and fix issues occurring on the live service.
- Liaising with embedded and external teams, creating relationships and assisting with shared initiatives.
- Participating in service capacity planning, demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
- Responding to and resolving emergent service problems by debugging systems and services.
- Diagnosing networking, database and OS related problems.
Skills & Requirements
- You’re smart, adaptable, and love picking up new skills.
- You have strong C++ programming skills.
- You are familiar with implementing client/server architecture.
- You have a mind towards scalability and performance.
- You possess excellent debugging and diagnostic skills.
- You have a high comfort level working within (and analyzing and improving) an established codebase.
- You are familiar with OS, networking and server design concepts.
- You have experience working with Hybrid and public cloud APIs/tech.
- You communicate well with teammates and clients, and your experience backs that up
- Bonus points if you’re passionate about video games!
- Competitive compensation based on your skills
- Learning resources like Udemy, Saisoft, and internal development meetups
- An awesome culture with opportunities to meet like-minded people; whether you’re into gaming, reading, hiking, or craft food and drink, there’s a club for that.
- Philanthropic events to get involved in the community
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible hours and paid time off
- 401K matching
We are excited to review your application!