We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer, but this role is far more than a simple “developer”.
You’ll be working with a small team to ensure the successful execution of our technology strategy. You’ll write good front-end and back-end code following best practices, including unit testing and code review. Your success on assignments will result from cultivating an ongoing relationship with operations, sales, marketing, technology partners and advertisers leveraging those unique insights to craft user experience.
Working with our tight-knit team, you won’t have to worry about big company bureaucracy or not having an impact. The first project you work on will be launched to the VNN network within two months of starting and the code you work on will be used by thousands on a daily basis.
Signs that you're the one:
Above all, the perfect person for this position is or aspires to be a software professional as described here: What is a Full Stack developer?
If you’d like to be part of the VNN team, include one of the “layers of the full stack” listed in this post in your introduction.
- 2- 4 Years experience in PHP/MySQL
- Ability to learn and script in various environments (Capistrano, Ansible, Shell scripts)
- Bachelor’s degree (or other education/proof of knowledge) in a related/relevant field
- Passion for building software and solving complex problems
- Strong written and spoken communication skills needed for the success of a remote group that leverages Slack and Hangouts
- Understanding that problem solving is a team effort and is willing to ask for help when it’s needed and will help others in our team learn and develop.
- Understand the balance between crafting a high quality, lasting solution and getting the job done.
- Ability to embrace the many different roles you will have to play in a start-up environment
- Interest in sports and/or sports related activities (Band, Booster Clubs, team mascot, etc. )
- Knowledge of cloud computing systems (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc)
- Familiar with JIRA
- Familiar with GraphQL
In short, we want a team member with the technical skills required that can work with others and isn’t afraid to be creative.
What are we going to offer you?
In exchange for your experience and incredible talent, we will provide you with
- Employer Sponsored Health Insurance
- Ability to work anywhere you can perform the job (100% remote)
- Flexible Schedule
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Fun and energetic work environment
- VNN will cover a Mac of your choosing with our computer reimbursement plan (the computer will be yours to keep)
- Endless opportunity for professional growth