Headquarters: Los Angeles, California
About the Role:
As the Lead Analyst,Marketing Analytics, you will take a pivotal role in the Data Science team and directly report to the Head of Marketing & Data Science. You will work with multiple teams to drive the impact at scale across marketing channels such as Search, Native, Social, etc.
You will partner with marketing channel owners to improve reporting and identify areas of growth, with data engineers to generate reliable data pipeline, and with content product owners to increase conversion rate and create better landing pages.
You're not afraid to jump into the details and are motivated by solving big analytical problems. You combine outstanding eye for business and communication skills with excellent quant skills, and experience applying experimental design and statistical inference to measure incremental campaign performance. You will have a passion for data democratization and will drive towards continuous improvement in the area of performance reporting.
- Use data and analytics to identify area of improvement, suggest new growth opportunities and advise optimization strategy;
- Measure Marketing campaign performance, describe return on investment, and own channel performance reports;
- Effectively communicate insights to marketing team & management
- Define and implement metrics & KPI; Discover new valuable data;
- Design, implement and monitor experiments(e.g. A/B tests) to improve marketing campaigns and landing pages;
- Work with Engineering team to deliver robust data pipeline
- Improve data accessibility empower users; promote data-driven culture
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g., Math, Statistics, Physics, Operations Research, Economics, CS, etc., from a top tier school. Strong preference for candidates with advanced degrees in the same disciplines;
- 2+ years of experience in marketing analytic or other analytically-driven role;
- Fluency in SQL;
- Must have extensive experience working with the marketing team to perform analytics in some of the following channels: SEM, Social (Facebook), Native, etc.
- Fluency in web analytics and pixel implementations;
- Experience in designing and analyzing experiments across a variety of marketing channels, and statistical protocols;
- Demonstrably strong communication skills: truly knows what it means to assemble a story from data and can easily explain how and demonstrate it. Strong listening skills as well as the skills to persuade particularly based on evidence;
- Must be able to work in US Pacific hours (GMT-8)
Bonus points and Preference:
- Experience with R/Python is highly desired;
- Previous experience working in marketing/media buying or consulting;
- Solid analytical Mind;
- Quick learner and self-starter;
- Remote working experience
About The Team:
Data Science Team plays a key role in the decision-making process. Data Science Team not only provides accurate and automatic reporting, but also should take the lead role in interpreting data. Standing at the crossroad of business, data, and engineering, the Data Science team has a unique versatile role. By creating actionable insights and scalable analysis, Data Science team brings the data, tool, and methodology to the decision-making process. We influence both technical decisions (star table schema? how often pipeline refreshes?), and business outcomes (should we launch a new campaign? Whether to pursue a new product?). Data Science team works closely with management, Digital Marketing team, and Engineering team.
About the Company:
Wise Bread focuses on digital marketing in the financial space. Wise Bread has been awarded “best of the web” by PC Magazine, MSN Money, and Kiplinger. Founded in 2006, we’ve been one of the most consistent high performers in the financial lead generation vertical. We currently handle well over 7 digits monthly marketing spend. The team is growing and we’re looking for several new members to help scale to the next level. The company’s management team is on the west coast of the U.S. (Pacific timezone).
What we offer:
We offer competitive compensation and benefits. You’ll be working from home but will get plenty of support (and dog selfies) from our friendly staff via Slack and Skype. This is a telecommute position with a flexible schedule (but must have a consistent schedule) -- you can work from home from anywhere. You will have the opportunity to join a rapidly growing team and have your voice in the decision-making process.
To apply: https://killer-aces-media-llc.breezy.hr/p/418749ef2e5a-lead-analyst-marketing-analytics--remote?source=weworkremotely