One of YouGov's subsidiaries, Inconvo is building a chat platform for fans.
By combining chatbot technology with editorial flare, Inconvo is bringing the popularity and familiarity of messaging to the world of content.
Backed by YouGov plc and with 2 million users globally, Inconvo is fast becoming the biggest and best place on the internet for people to interact with content on the topics they love most, from TV to Music, Sport to Film and more.
You can check out Inconvo’s chat platform for fans here: www.inconvo.chat.
The RoleWe are looking for an experienced full stack Software Engineer to work with us remotely in order to build new platform integrations, including:
- An integration with YouGov Direct, an advertising solution, which puts users in control of their data, rewarding them whenever their data is used by advertisers. Our goal for this integration is to bring this unique, user-centric advertising solution to Inconvo’s significant and growing chat user base.
- Embedding our proprietary chat widget to improve engagement and user acquisition on a new YouGov microsite for the 2020 US Presidential Election. We expect a significant amount of new user activity, which requires new features and infrastructure support.
The platform is cloud native and uses different components to support third party integrations as well as our own messaging gateway.
The candidate will be part of a wider technical team following the product roadmap using Agile software development methodologies.
We offer the opportunity of working with the latest PaaS cloud technologies on a strategic project.
The right candidate understands the value of simple and maintainable code and the perils of emerging complexity.
We’re looking for candidates with
- 3+ years cloud experience. AWS experience required. Terraform experience is a plus.
- Commercial experience with HTTP APIs, using Typescript. Reactive programming experience is a plus.
- Experience and understanding of code testing methodologies.
- Frameworks: Node.js, Vue.js, Serverless, NestJS
- Languages: Typescript
- Databases: MySQL, Kinesis, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB
Ops: Docker/ECS, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, SQS, Cloudfront, Terraform, AWS IoT Core
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code-review culture.
- A strong work ethic and a focus on delivery.
- Sound judgment along with a desire to challenge traditional thinking.
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working.